Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pants on the Ground

I've been wanting to write a blog about running for a long time.  I woke up this morning and decided "today is the day."  And so, I thought, "Today, I'll go running and blog about some of my new running gear that I got on GREAT sale."  So, I jumped out of bed, took some pictures of my awesome running gear, and headed out the door.


(also please note I still have my Dtag on my shoe from marathon.  Not quite ready to let go of that little guy just yet)

I always, I repeat, always, wear running tights (either capri length or pants length).  I hate wearing shorts running.  So I got these great Nike running tights, originally around $60, for $15.  I was pumped.  But here's the thing, I didn't try them on.  So, today I went out for a short little run.  I'm trying to ease back into a training schedule after my marathon (my marathon!  Wheeee!  I will post more on that later).  Well, these pants are WAY too big at the waist and there is no drawstring.  FML. Seriously, I could not hold the pants up and was having major issues.  So, I cut my run short, held onto my pants, and walked the mile back to my car, head hung in shame.

So, in sum, I cannot comment on the effectiveness of these Nike running tights.  However, I now have an excuse to buy other running tights (that do have a drawstring).

Here's to a better run tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment